Diaphonique - Call for application 2022
Diaphonique aims to foster cultural exchanges between France and the UK in the field of classical contemporary music. Diaphonique can support many types of classical contemporary music projects implying a franco-british collaboration.
Diaphonique can support: commissions, residencies (composers or musicians), concerts, tours, educational projects (master classes, scholarships…)
Repertoire matching one of the following categories:
- instrumental, vocal, mixed or electro-acoustic contemporary classical music
- new forms of improvised and electronic music
- computer-assisted composition and research with multi-media tools.
Your project must show strong partnerships and create links between the two countries by:
- Encouraging an artistic collaboration between artists and/or composers across the two sides of the Channel.
- Involving new or existing works composed by British or French composers. Priority is given to music programmes including a commission to a French composer and a commission to a British composer.
- Performing the project in France or in the UK. Projects taking place in both countries will be favored.
Who can apply
Diaphonique does not fund individual projects. Artists and composers cannot apply directly. French-based or UK-based legal organisations with a charity number can submit a project, such as:
- Ensembles, companies or collectives
- Venues or festivals
- Educational bodies
- Research studios and centres